Sarasota Wedding Planners provides these 25 essential questions for interviewing wedding photographers in Sarasota.
Before I start with the questions you want to ask a Sarasota photographer. Before we go on let me add this note, It’s a fact that your wedding day will be very stressful and I believe that meeting your Sarasota wedding photographer that day only adds to the stress level.
This is why I recommend, if it’s in the budget, that the bride and groom have the photographer do an engagement session, a kind of warm-up to the big day.
It gets everybody to know each other, how the photographer works, and this engagement session starts to create a rapport between you. Overall, you’ll be feeling like old friends come the big day.
- Can I see a sample album, something similar to what I’m going to get from you?
- Do you shoot digital or film? If film, color or black and white?
- How much retouching is included, and what will I have to pay extra for?
- What type of insurance do you have?
- Will you be using assistants at my wedding, if so have you worked with them before?
- What happens if you are sick and injured and cannot shoot our wedding?
- What are your terms regarding changes and cancellation?
- What happens if the wedding date gets changed?
- What do you wear to a wedding?
- If we decide to book you, what is the process?
- I would like to read over the contract later, may I take it with me?
- Can you set-up group photos quickly?
- How many photos do you usually take at a wedding?
- Do you travel, and, if so, how do you work out the travel charges?
- How long have you been in the business?
- How many camera bodies do you have? How many lenses?
- What would you say is your style of photography, what you’re known for?
- How many proofs should I expect to see from my wedding?
- Ask about off season or off-day discounts.
- Can I give you, ‘the photographer’ a list of shots that I want?
- Can I customize your wedding packages to fit what I want?
- Will you give me all the photo shoot negatives in the package? Will the negatives be retouched or untouched?
- If not, are they available for an additional cost?
- How long after the wedding will it be until we have our wedding proofs?
- Do your packages include the album or is the album a separate additional charge?
Don’t forget to check with the Better Business Bureau to make sure there are no pending complaints against your Sarasota Photographer and the business as well, if there are – ask the photographer to explain.
You should ask to look through a couple wedding albums to see every Sarasota wedding photographers work. It’s important to take the time to do this, you should be able to get a good feel for the wedding photographers work and style that he/she likes to shoot.
Tip -Try to get to know the photographer. Remember, your wedding photographer will be one of the most important people on the most important day in your life, so be sure you choose someone you feel really good about.
At this stage, if you’ve taken the time to ask good questions, you’ll know whether this Bradenton or Sarasota Wedding Photographer is for you. If your still not sure it’s a good idea to spent a little more time asking questions and talking to other photographers until you feel comfortable with your decision.
Keep in mind that wedding photographers are trained professionals and that they deserve to be treated as such. Go to your meeting prepared to leave a deposit to reserve your date.
If a Sarasota wedding photographer is right for you and you’re feeling comfortable with the decision then go ahead and make the commitment – then relax, I’m sure their are others items still on the wedding to-do list.